Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 65 mal aufgerufen
 Beschwerden
wh3171 Offline

Vollzeitflieger, 200 Postings sind bereits erreicht

12.12.2019 04:19
Harden drove on two defenders Zitat · Antworten

TORONTO - There isnt much - in fact there may not be anything - that hasnt already been written or said about Mariano Rivera. Air Force 1 Yellow Outlet . About the man: a person of faith, humble, charitable and always willing to help others. About the pitch: the cut fastball which has baffled hitters, even though they know its coming, and broken more bats than anyone cares to count. About the player: Major League Baseballs all-time saves leader with 652, whos accomplished the feat with one team in an era of rampant player movement. The legendary Yankees closer is into the final weeks of his Hall of Fame career. Hes making his last stop in Toronto as a professional baseball player and, like anything else Rivera says, you believe him when he expresses his appreciation of visiting the city so many times over the years. “Its a great city to play in,” said Rivera. “We have had here tremendous games, tough games, big games but at the same time theyve all been wonderful. Its great to play here and play against the Toronto Blue Jays for all these years.” Rivera and his wife, Clara, have run The Mariano Rivera Foundation since its founding in July, 1998. The charity provides scholarships to further the educational needs of underprivileged students and sponsors churches and youth centres. It reaches across the United States and as far south as Riveras native Panama. “I always try to do it,” said Rivera. “Not only Panama but wherever we need to help and that is something that Im proud of. Not that I want to be recognized for that, but I do it because I was helped once and I always wanted to help others. That makes me feel good - knowing that I can touch one life and we can make that life better.” During his season-long farewell tour, Rivera has met with employees from each opposing ballclub. Twenty long-time Blue Jays employees had an opportunity to spend an hour with Rivera during New Yorks previous visit in late August. Rivera shook hands, answered questions and posed for photos. It was Riveras chance to thank the people who work hard behind the scenes. “I like how people appreciate the game and those are the ones you dont even see,” he said. “Theyre the ones you dont even know about, but at the same time they do something for the game, appreciate the game and appreciate what you do.” Rivera is also known to be giving of his time to his fellow ballplayers. Earlier this season, at Yankee Stadium, he held court with the Blue Jays large contingent of Spanish-speaking players. At the All-Star Game, in New York City, but hosted by the Mets, Jays relievers Steve Delabar and Brett Cecil approached him for baseball-related conversation. Sergio Santos did the same thing, two years ago, when Santos was with the White Sox. “I had a 30-minute conversation with him out in the outfield and he was so awesome and open to letting me ask him any question I had,” said Santos. “I had just become a closer so I had a bunch of questions and he sat there and spoke with me and answered every question I had. Hes just an amazing person and an amazing player.” Santos picked Riveras brain on thought process - How should he approach hitters on days he knows he doesnt have his best stuff? What about when hes feeling too good? If a runner gets aboard, a noted base stealer, how best do you divide your attention? “Just how adamant he was about going from pitch to pitch, not letting your mind wander to the next hitter or to what the situation is or letting any of that happen,” said Santos. “Just going, really simplifying it to the max, where its pitch by pitch. You get your pitch and then you try as best as you can to execute that pitch and once that pitch is over, whether it was executed or not, you forget it, its done with and you try to go on to the next pitch.” The cut fastball, Riveras go-to pitch, remains a mystery even to the pitcher himself. In the absence of a human to credit or, more likely because Rivera truly believes it, he looks skyward when asked to explain the success hes had against hitters who dont have to consider pitch selection. “Thats the Lord. Thats God, because no one taught it to me,” said Rivera. “I cant say to you that my pitching coach taught me that. I cannot say that. It happened for a reason and thats what I attribute it to, to the Lord.” “You know, still to this day, no hitters figured it out,” said Blue Jays shortstop Jose Reyes. “You know its only one pitch. Hes going to go with the hard cutter. Youre looking for the cutter and still youre not able to put a good swing on that baseball. Its unbelievable what hes been able to do.” “I mean, hes a little bit different now,” added Blue Jays manager John Gibbons. “Hes working both sides of the plate now. You know, really, in his prime it would be in to lefties and away to right-handers. It was that overpowering cutter. You knew it was coming, you could see it. You just cant do anything with it. As far as a left-hander, it starts in the middle of the plate and it keeps chasing you. You think you can get out in front of it and maybe catch it out front. You cant. With the right-handers, you see it there, it disappears and basically youre lucky if you get it off the end of the bat and it usually leads to a broken bat.” Rivera has thrived in New York. Like Derek Jeter, his long time teammate and fellow Yankees legend, his behaviour has been above reproach. He has created a Yankee Stadium tradition in which Metallicas metal anthem “Enter Sandman” is followed, three outs later, by Frank Sinatras classic “New York, New York.” Trusting Sinatras words, Riveras made it in New York, which means he could make it anywhere. With 652 saves, and likely more to come, hes backed up a legends words with his own legendary actions. Air Force 1 Mens Wholesale . Kelli Stack and Alex Carpenter also scored for the Americans, who avoided a repeat of Finlands upset at the Four Nations Cup in Lake Placid, N.Y., in November. Finnish goalie Noora Raty made 58 saves in that one, but the three-time Olympian could stop just 40 of 43 U. Air Force 1 High Store . - Hitting was supposed to be the Pittsburgh Pirates weakness coming into the season yet they lead the major leagues in home runs through the first 16 games of the season. http://www.airforce1storesale.com/fake-air-force-1-mens-outlet.html . -- The Vancouver Whitecaps remained unbeaten with a scoreless draw at the New England Revolution on Saturday.Sacramento, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - James Harden put the Houston Rockets on his back and willed them to an overtime victory on Thursday. Harden scored a season-high 44 points to lead the Rockets in a 113-109 decision over the Sacramento Kings. Harden, who scored 34 points in a loss to Golden State on Wednesday, sent the game to overtime with a deep 3-pointer, then scored the first 10 Houston points in the extra session. That was definitely a tough game. Those guys on the other side definitely fought hard. We had the same energy, Harden said. We fought through it. Trevor Ariza and Patrick Beverley each netted 15 points and Donatas Motiejunas added 14 points for Houston, which has won five of its last six. Darren Collison had 24 points with seven assists and Ben McLemore tallied 21 points for the Kings. Harden fueled the Rockets comeback in regulation and continued in the extra session as he opened with seven straight points to give the Rockets a 102-95 lead with 3 1/2 minutes to play. The Houston offense ran through Harden in the overtime period. He slashed through the lane for a layup following a free throw from Jason Thompson, then split a pair of free throws to extend the lead to nine. (Harden) made shots when he needed to, Kings forward Rudy Gay said. He played great. Gay trimmed the deficit to six with a 3-pointer, but Harden drove on two defenders and skipped a pass over to Beverley, who nailed a corner 3 with 45.3 seconds left. Beverley missed 3-of-4 free throws down the stretch that allowed the Kings to hang around as Nik Stauskas trey made it a three-point game. Collison buried a 3 following a pair of free throws from Jason Terry, but Harden closed his evening with two free throows to account for the final margin. Air Force 1 Blue Cheap. The Rockets trailed by as many as 10 in the fourth. Harden tied the game at 88-88 with a tough dunk through traffic with 2 1/2 minutes left. Each team traded a basket before Gay drove and kicked out to an open Derrick Williams, who hit a 3-pointer to make it a 93-90 game. Motiejunas was whistled for his sixth foul at the other end, which allowed Thompson to make a pair of free throws and stretch it to a two-possession game. Houston trailed by three when Harden tossed up a high-arching trey that hit nothing but cotton to tie the game at 95-95 with 20.5 seconds on the clock. Gays jumper from just inside the arc rattled out on Sacramentos final chance in regulation. The Rockets grabbed the rebound and called a timeout with under a second left, but Hardens final effort was long. Sacramento led 46-36 at the half. Houston opened the third quarter on a 10-3 run to close the gap to 49-46 just 2 1/2 minutes in. Later in the quarter, Beverley nailed a 3-pointer to cut the deficit to two, 55-53, then the Kings ripped off 10 straight as a McLemore dunk off a feed from Collison highlighted the surge. Harden scored the final four points of the third to cut it to 69-61 entering the fourth. Game Notes Houston has won four straight over the Kings ... Sacramento has lost two straight overall ... Williams scored 17 points off the bench in the setback ... Joey Dorsey had a career-high five steals in the win ... Houston went 15- of-44 from beyond the arc ... The Rockets scored 27 points off turnovers, while the Kings netted 20 off turnovers ... Thompson finished with 13 points and 15 rebounds for Sacramento. ' ' '

Sprung  
Infos zum Thema Fluglärm unter liesing.fluglaerm.at                   Beschwerdemail-Expresslink  Beschwerde.fluglaerm.at
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz