Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 65 mal aufgerufen
 Beschwerden
wh3171 Offline

Vollzeitflieger, 200 Postings sind bereits erreicht

18.01.2020 03:50
give them too many power plays Zitat · Antworten

WASHINGTON -- The left half of the net was wide open for Troy Brouwer. Bryan Bulaga Super Bowl Jersey . When he missed badly, putting his shot wide, he was so exasperated that he slumped his shoulders and looked to the rafters as play continued. It was that kind of game for both the Washington Capitals and New York Islanders, who seemingly tried to top each other in trying to find the best way to waste a scoring chance. Players whiffed on open one-timers, several shots hit the goal frame, and all 11 power plays had fruitless outcomes. Andrew MacDonald was the only player to find the target, scoring early in the third period Tuesday night as the last-place Islanders broke a five-game losing streak with a 1-0 win. "Were a desperate team," New York coach Jack Capuano said. "I thought our guys really worked hard right from the start. ... Weve been playing hard; we havent been getting results." MacDonalds slap shot from the point went past screened goalie Michal Neuvirth and just under the crossbar with 17:44 to play. Evgeni Nabokov, making his third start since returning from a groin injury, stopped 22 shots for his 57th career shutout. The Islanders scored only one goal for the third straight game -- but at least this time it was enough to win. "There was a lot of special teams. It was kind of a weird one," McDonald said. "You dont really want to play with fire too much against these guys and give them too many power plays, but fortunately we were able to draw a couple while they were on the power play and negate them." Neuvirth made 27 saves for the Capitals, who have lost 10 of 13 to tumble toward the bottom of the Metropolitan Division, only seven points ahead of the Islanders. Washington has been shut out four times this season, all at home. "Its not acceptable, the way we played tonight. Thats for sure," Capitals centre Nicklas Backstrom said. Washingtons Eric Fehr hit the right post in the first period, not long before teammate Brouwers frustrating misfire. New Yorks Cal Clutterbuck hit the intersection of the crossbar and right post on a short-handed attempt midway through the second, and teammate Kyle Okposo put one off the right post later in the period. The Islanders were granted a rare short-handed penalty shot in the third period, but Michael Grabners attempt was saved by Neuvirth. Most significantly, the Capitals talented power play went 0 for 6. Alex Ovechkin had three shots on goal for the game, with four other attempts blocked. Washington coach Adam Oates said perhaps his team had "a little fatigue" and that veteran players need to stop taking unnecessary penalties. He also noted it wasnt the greatest performance by the Islanders. "I dont think they executed, either," Oates said. "Both power plays were pretty ineffective." NOTES: Capitals D John Carlson played in his 271st consecutive game, tying Calle Johansson for the longest streak by a defenceman in franchise history. ... Washington D Mike Green missed his third consecutive game with a concussion, and LW Aaron Volpatti sat out with an upper-body injury. David Bakhtiari Super Bowl Jersey . Arsenal had already scored its goals in the third round fixture when the fierce rivalry turned ugly in the final ten minutes as Walcott was being carried off on a stretcher. Aaron Jones Super Bowl Jersey . The Senators return from a lengthy layoff caused by Wednesdays attack on Parliament Hill to host the New Jersey Devils on Saturday night. https://www.packersrookiestore.com/ .Y. - Joe Johnson hit six 3-pointers in his 27 points, Mason Plumlee added 18 points, and the Brooklyn Nets won their 11th straight at home, beating the Boston Celtics 114-98 Friday night.BANGKOK, Thailand -- Milos Raonic has seen this scenario play out before. This time, hes hoping for a different result. Raonic reached the semifinals of the Thailand Open on Friday with 6-4, 6-3 win over Spains Feliciano Lopez. That sets up a semifinal match against Frances Richard Gasquet on Saturday. In last months U.S. Open, Raonic beat Lopez in the third round only to find himself facing Gasquet in his next match in New York. Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., will be trying to rewrite his recent history with Gasquet after losing their grand slam encounter in five sets. He also kept his hopes alive of reaching the eight-man year-end finals in London with his 58-minute victory over Lopez. Raonic fired 19 aces against Lopez and will be playing his fourth semi-final of the ATP season. "I felt I played really well, I was able to control most of the points when they got started," said Raonic. "Overall I think I did well. "I will be looking for a win tomorrow having recently lost a close five-setter to Richard." Raonic is playing a full autumn schedule in hopes of making the field for London. "Im playing well and hoping to continue in Asia and back in Europe. I have three events out here and two more afterwards in hopes of qualifying for London. I really want to take this opportunity if I can. "I was working on fitness after the Davis Cup, thats why I arrived in Bangkok at the last moment. "I want to be in the best shape possible to try and make a run for London." Raonic, the first Canadian man achieve an ATP top 10 ranking currently stands provisional 11th in the points race for the season wrap up, two behind Gasquet, the defending Bangkok titleholder. Raonic is aiming to become the firstt Canadian to advance into the year-ender in singles. Dean Lowry Super Bowl Jersey. Raonic began quickly against Lopez with an immediate break of serve and collected the opening set in 30 minutes on his 11th ace. There was more of the same in the quick second set. Raonic has split his two career meeting with Gasquet, who advanced with a 5-7, 6-3, 6-1 win over Russian Mikhail Youzhny. In the other semifinal, top-seeded Tomas Berdych and Gilles Simon of France will meet for the eighth time. Fresh from helping the Czech Republic beat Argentina in the Davis Cup semifinals, Berdych beat Yen-hsun Lu of Taiwan 7-6 (7), 6-4 to maintain his record of never losing before the semifinals in Thailand. However, he hasnt advanced in his two previous appearances. "Sometimes, I was feeling like he was a PlayStation," Berdych said of Lu. "He was there. He was so fast. He hit so many winners." Simon, 5-2 against Berdych, said, "I just hope that I will beat him one more time." Simon said he was going to receive treatment on his back after he needed court-side help from a trainer after the first game of the third set against Igor Sisjling of the Netherlands. After prevailing 6-4, 5-7, 6-4, the third-seeded Simon said it was a struggle to move on to the semifinals. "I felt like I could have lost the two sets I won and I could have won the one I lost," he said. "It was a good win." Asked about the back injury, he said: "I have red lights everywhere. I felt the pain very quickly in the second game of the match. Then it was worse. I thought it would be hard to finish the match at this point but finally I was getting better. My back is not in great shape now but I hope I will be fine (Saturday)." ' ' '

Sprung  
Infos zum Thema Fluglärm unter liesing.fluglaerm.at                   Beschwerdemail-Expresslink  Beschwerde.fluglaerm.at
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz