Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 104 mal aufgerufen
 Beschwerden
wh3171 Offline

Vollzeitflieger, 200 Postings sind bereits erreicht

16.01.2020 07:18
who led four times for 38 laps Zitat · Antworten

FORT WORTH, Texas -- When qualifying ended at Texas Motor Speedway, Chase Elliott hopped a fence and went on his way without a single fan bothering to stop him for an autograph or picture. Kendrick Bourne Super Bowl Jersey . Dale Earnhardt Jr. watched the 18-year-old go by largely ignored and figured those days were numbered. "I thought to myself, I know hes going to win one day or another, and then just start railing off run after run after run and become the next best thing," Earnhardt said hours later. "It aint going to be long until hes going to be swarmed with attention." Boy, Earnhardt had that pegged. Elliott used a strong move on the outside to pass Kevin Harvick for the lead Friday night and then sailed away for his first career Nationwide Series victory. The 18-year-old won in his sixth career start and is the second youngest winner in series history. Hes roughly four months older than Joey Logano, who was 18 years and 21 days when he won his first career Nationwide race in 2008. Elliott won in a Chevrolet for JR Motorsports, driving the No. 9 as a tribute to his father, 1988 Cup champion Bill Elliott. "I cant believe it, just to have the opportunity to race with these guys at JR Motorsports, just to have this opportunity is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for any racer who wants to make it to the top," Elliott said. "It just means the word for me to be here." Elliott became the fourth driver in Nationwide history to earn his first series victory at Texas, joining Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kurt Busch and Trevor Bayne. The victory continues the youth initiative in NASCAR as first-time winners have now won consecutive races for the first time since 2008. Two weeks ago, 21-year-old Kyle Larson scored his first career win at California. For his efforts? Elliott gets to return home and go to school on Monday as he continues to finish his senior year of high school. "I guess it will just be a normal Monday. Nobody likes Mondays," Elliott said. "Im sure it will be the same old deal, have a bunch of homework to do when I get back and get ready to go to Darlington." The win wowed Elliotts father, and back home in Dawsonville, Ga., the siren outside the local pool room was blaring throughout the town to signify another local boys big victory. "Im about speechless," Bill Elliott said in Victory Lane. "I felt like Chase could do it. Ive watched him on Late Model team too much -- I know how good the kid really is. "To come here, to never have been to some of these places, like Las Vegas, California and now here at Texas, and come out and beat the kind of guys youve beat -- Ill tell you what, youve done a heck of a job." As a sign of how much respect Elliott already has among his peers, he was met following the win on pit road by Harvick, Larson and Kyle Busch. Then six-time NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson came to Victory Lane to congratulate him. "Its pretty awesome to see him succeed, I knew it was just a matter of time," said team co-owner Earnhardt Jr. "He has so much composure and ability and is years ahead of guys that age. And hes learning so much on the fly. Hes learning faster than you can teach him whats going on." Kyle Busch, a 65-time race winner in the Nationwide Series, finished second. He was third two weeks ago when Larson won, and hasnt seemed to mind these defeats. "These are the guys that are growing up and are young and being able to run hard and run strong and run with the best of them," said Busch. "Its neat to see them being successful and running with the best of them. I hate to lose, but its still cool to see the younger guys have the opportunities to win races and when they do, they seem to make it look good and win in style, so congrats to Chase." Elliott, who led four times for 38 laps, was strong Friday night and passed car owner Earnhardt Jr. for the lead at one point. But he was second behind Harvick on the final restart with 23 laps to go, and flirted several times with making a pass for the win before finally completing the move with a strong outside pass. "That was wild," said third-place finisher Larson. "Hed been trying to make it work and he must have had an extreme run that one time, got to Harvicks quarter panel and made him loose. From there on, I knew he was probably going to win the race unless we got a caution." Dre Greenlaw Super Bowl Jersey . The 23-year-old restricted free agent appeared in all 48 games last season, finishing second among all Sabres skaters with 15 goals and 34 points. Terrell Owens Super Bowl Jersey . Off-Season Game Plan looks at a Wild team that has a nice mix of proven veterans along with young, inexpensive talent on the rise. When the Wild signed Zach Parise and Ryan Suter, making a big splash in the summer of 2012, it set the franchise on a path to being more competitive, but a big reason that they have been so competitive is the contributions of young players who still have more to give. http://www.authenticsf49erspro.com/Jaquiski-tartt-49ers-jersey/ . PAUL, Minn.ATLANTA -- Gerrit Cole was so focused on recording 17 consecutive outs, he didnt glance at the out-of-town scoreboard. Cole insisted he didnt know his win over the Braves had clinched a playoff spot for Pittsburgh until he walked into the clubhouse and saw the lockers covered in plastic. The surging Pirates earned their second-straight trip to the playoffs with a 3-2 win over the free-falling Atlanta Braves on Tuesday night. Cole gave up two runs in the first two innings and then didnt allow another baserunner. The Pirates win combined with Milwaukees loss to Cincinnati assured Pittsburgh of no worse than an NL wild card. "I didnt have any idea until I came in here," Cole said. The Pirates wrapped up their berth exactly one year after clinching a place in the 2013 playoffs. "I think it establishes our presence in this league that were not going to go away," Cole said. The Pirates reacted to the final out on Tuesday with little emotion. Players exchanged high-fives in a line on the field before sharing hugs in front of their dugout. The emotions flowed with champagne and beer in the clubhouse. Andrew McCutchen, the Pirates MVP contender, wore big ski goggles as he held a bottle of champagne in one hand and lit a big victory cigar. McCutchen, who had two hits and scored the go-ahead run in the sixth, already had his focus on bigger goals. "To celebrate is fun, but weve still got to take care of business," he said. Starling Marte gave Pittsburgh the lead with a sixth-inning double that drove in McCutchen. The Pirates, who are still chasing St. Louis for the NL Central title, have won 11 of 13. "We didnt panic," McCutchen said. "Thats whats good about this team." Cole (11-5) trailed 2-0 after two innings but didnt allow another runner through seven innings. That allowed the Pirates to rally against Alex Wood (11-11). Travis Sniders 12th homer tied the game in the fifth. Cole allowed two runs and four hits with eight strikeouts. Jared Hughes pitched a scoreless eighth. Left-hander Tony Watson gave up a one-out single to Phil Gosselin in the ninth, but he got Freddie Freeman to hit into a game-ending double play to earn his second save. The Braves, who fired general manager Frank Wren on Monday, are 4-16 in September. Emmanuel Sanders Super Bowl Jersey. Atlanta (76-81) has lost five straight to fall five games under .500 for the first time since May 9, 2010. Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said he admired the Pirates determined approach at the plate. "These guys, they stick their nose in there offensively and they dont give at-bats away. They put the ball in play and they get some results," Gonzalez said. Atlanta loaded the bases with no outs in the second but managed only one run when Andrelton Simmons grounded into a double play. Jason Heyward, who led off the inning with a walk, scored from third. The double play was the key to Coles turnaround. "There was something missing in the first couple of innings," Cole said. "Luckily, they made some good plays behind me. The double play was huge. We knew we were going to come back and score a few. "It was about outs, and we turned a great double play. Then we just got in a rhythm and just kept going." DROUGHT-BREAKER: The Braves scored a first-inning run for the first time since Aug. 27. Freemans double to the right-field wall drove in Gosselin. Freeman was thrown out trying to advance to third base. The run ended a streak of 23 scoreless innings by Pirates starting pitchers. THE CATCH: Simmons added to his already lengthy list of defensive highlights at shortstop in the third inning. He made a leaping grab of Josh Harrisons line drive before landing hard on his chest. He also banged his nose and face to the ground, but held onto the ball as Wood expressed astonishment on the mound. TRAINERS ROOM: Pirates: RHP Charlie Morton has been shut down. He hasnt pitched since he felt discomfort in his groin and midsection late in his five innings of work in a victory over Boston on Sept. 16. Braves: LHP Mike Minor has left shoulder inflammation and has been shut down for the remainder of the season. RHP David Hale will take Minors spot in the rotation on Thursday against the Pirates. UP NEXT: Pirates: LHP Jeff Locke (7-5) is scheduled to face the Braves for the first time this season on Wednesday night. Locke received two no-decisions against Atlanta last season. Braves: RHP Julio Teheran (13-13) will try to match his career high with his 14th win. Teheran was 14-8 for Atlanta in 2013. ' ' '

Sprung  
Infos zum Thema Fluglärm unter liesing.fluglaerm.at                   Beschwerdemail-Expresslink  Beschwerde.fluglaerm.at
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz